We experienced a tutorial shift last week and I got a taste of what it's like to come into a quiz barely prepared. I read the section in the Course Notes about DFSAs before office hours on Thursday, but I found it completely overwhelming and I wasn't certain of how detailed the tutorial questions were asking us to be. During office hours I learned that we were only then responsible for the diagram, not the quintuple function, and I understood the lecture material and my answers during tutorial ended up being correct, so I'm hoping I got the 2/2 on the quiz.
The material from chapter 7 is coinciding nicely with a short lesson we had on regular expressions in CSC207. I still haven't taken a close look at how Java implements regular expressions, but now that I can visualize them using the DFSAs, I feel like I understand them a lot better.
I'm glad the third assignment has a lot of work on correctness, because that is something that is currently very difficult for me. Surprisingly, though, even though I pulled most of my test answer for the correctness question out of a hat, I didn't do poorly on it. What really lowered my grade was the last question - I still think it was a really bizarre question to have worth four marks, especially when there were so many other things we've learned since the last test that we could have been tested on. I'm not going to ask for a remark because I really have no argument for one but I'm still really, really disappointed.
As for the assignment, I got exactly the mark I thought I would - I lost one mark for the explanation of why my recurrence correctly counted the number of OMCOFS. I did not feel confident in my answer and I learned from the marking that I had just approached it in the wrong way. My response was rambling and unstructured and I totally deserved that mark off.
No comments:
Post a Comment