Sunday, 28 October 2012

100% on Assignment 1 - I'm thrilled. :)

This week is going to be interesting - I haven't started the assignment yet (though I have read it over and understand what is expected of us, and have a general idea of how to accomplish that), and I had a very hard time concentrating during last week's lecture (I had barely slept Wednesday night, thanks CSC207!) and as a result I barely absorbed anything about the closest point pairs problem, so I'll have to go to office hours to clarify points regarding both of those things.

For the closest point pairs problem, I have read the section on divide-and-conquer algorithms in the course notes, and I understand how it applies in the other instances where we have used it, but once we start getting into the dividing lines and the fact that the "rectangle can contain at most six points with pairwise distances at most dRmin" (Wikipedia), I get confused.

I'll write more tomorrow once I've gone to office hours tomorrow - right now, I don't even know how to explain why I'm confused about some of the things I'm confused about.


No comments:

Post a Comment